What data do we collect?
DNA Genics collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address)
- Genomic data from others DNA companies
- DNA matches list in text files format
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide DNA GENICS with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Upload your genetic data in the accept formats.
How will we use your data?
DNA Genics collects your data so that we can:
- Process your DNA and relatives match for generating reports
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
We do not share your genomic data or reports with any other company. This data is anonymized and does not contain your name or your email address.
How do we store your data?
DNA Genics securely stores your data at Microsoft Azure cloud environment, following standard security measures. The data is stored in a European data center provisioned by Microsoft Corp.
What are your data protection rights?
DNA Genics would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request DNA Genics for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that DNA Genics correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request DNA Genics to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that DNA Genics erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that DNA Genics restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to DNA Genics’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that DNA Genics transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Write to us: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – DNA Genics uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – DNA Genics analyze what pages are most visited, what is the way our users find our website and any other analytic that helps to improve the way the user may interact with our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that DNA Genics has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.