Superkit - Merge RAW Files
DNA file merging, also known as Superkits, is the process of unifying multiple DNA data files from different companies into a single file. This method is significant when you have had your DNA sequenced by various companies and wish to merge/union the data for a more complete view of your genetic makeup.
Which raw data formats are supported?
- Gene by Gene
- National Geographic (Gene 2.0)
- Nebula Genomics (RAW format required). You can use our WGS to RAW service to convert your WGS test into a RAW file
- Dante Labs (RAW format required). You can use our WGS to RAW service to convert your WGS test into a RAW file
How does it works?
When merging RAW DNA files, the union of the data creates a Superkit, containing more SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) than individual files. This enhanced SNP count results in a higher degree of accuracy in various analyses and interpretations.
Merging imputed files with any other RAW file will result in minimal alterations to your RAW file, since imputed files already encompass nearly all the SNPs present in any other RAW files.
Some scenarios that can be useful merging your RAW DNA file:
- DNAGENICS: Your reports will be more detailed.
- With MyTrueAncestry, an increased number of SNPs will enable more precise DeepDives, offering a more comprehensive interpretation of your genetic ancestry.
- When using platforms like Promethease or Genvue, a higher SNP count will yield more detailed information and improved accuracy in your results.
- On Gedmatch, an increased matching overlap resulting from the merger of multiple DNA files means fewer false matches, therefore making your genetic connections and ancestral tracing more reliable.
What is required to merge DNA files?
DNA RAW files from the same person (up to 5), obtained from different companies (or from the same company but different versions). For example, you might want to merge your RAW DNA files from 23andMe, FTDNA, and Ancestry into one file.
How long does it take?
The process takes up to 48 hours to be ready.
What is included in the merging service?
The merging service includes the following:
- The merged file ready to be downloaded.
- A Starter Pack for the merged file.
How to Merge Your Files
To merge your files, follow these steps:
- Upload RAW Files: Log in to your account and upload the RAW files you wish to merge.
- Access the Store: After uploading, navigate to our Store section on the website.
- Select the Service: Find the "Merge RAW DNA Files" service and click on it to proceed.
- Choose Files: During the ordering process, you will be prompted to select the RAW files you want to merge. You can choose a minimum of two files and up to a maximum of five files.
- Place Order: Once you've chosen the files, proceed to place your order for the merge service.
- Processing: Our system will process the files and merge the RAW data according to your selections.
- Download Merged File: Once the merging process is complete, you will be able to download the merged RAW file from your account.